When Should Your Child See A Parsippany Orthodontist?
Trying To Decide Whether Your Child Needs Braces & Orthodontic Treatment?
The following early warning signs usually indicate that your child should have an orthodontic exam with our Parsippany orthodontist:
- Early or late loss of teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Finger sucking or other oral habits
- Crowding, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that shift, make sounds, protrude, or retrude
- Speech difficulty
- Biting the cheek or into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all
- Facial imbalance
- Grinding or clenching of teeth
If your child is approaching the age of seven, it’s time to make an appointment for an initial exam. The American Association of Orthodontists has recommended that the proper age for a child’s first visit to the orthodontist is no later than seven years of age. Caggiano Orthodontics in the Parsippany, Morris Plains, Boonton, Mountain Lakes, Whippany, & Montville areas of New Jersey (NJ) strongly encourages this practice.
We invite you to download our Free Report: Problems To Watch For In 7 Year Olds.
No referral from your general dentist or pediatric dentist is necessary. If you are concerned and haven’t been told to see a specialist yet, then come on in anyway and get your hour-long Caggiano Smile Assessment absolutely free. You can request an appointment by clicking here or by calling our Parsippany orthodontics office at 973.887.8780.