THE COST OF BRACES & INVISALIGN
Favorite Award-Winning Orthodontist For Braces & Invisalign In Boonton, NJ
One of the first thoughts most people have when it comes to braces or Invisalign is that the treatment will cost a lot of money. When you consider the long-term benefits and problems that this can help avoid, however, you’ll find that it’s really an investment with incredible return for the rest of your life!
Like many other medical procedures, orthodontic procedures may cost several thousands of dollars because of all the work involved. If your child needs braces, it can cost anywhere from $3,000-$6,500. The cost of your orthodontic treatment will vary depending on your individual needs. The good news is that we offer flexible payment options to help make braces affordable.
Here are a few payment options we offer to help you get started:
- Affordable Payment Plans –Speak with our Parsippany orthodontics office about flexible payment plans for braces. This service is provided interest-free, and we will be flexible in working with you to ensure that you have a comfortable payment amount each month.
- 0% Interest –We understand that everyone has different financial needs, and one plan does not fit all. No matter how we work out payments, we do not charge interest. This means you don’t have to worry about accruing extra costs because you decide to go with a longer payment option.
- No Hassle Financing –Life can be busy; that’s why we want to make things easier for you. We have simple automatic payment options that take the worry out of the process. Talk to our orthodontics team about the different ways we can help make paying your bills fast and carefree.
- Low Down Payment Options –We offer down payments as low as $400. This is an amazing offer when you consider some orthodontists require that you make a down payment of up to $1500 before you can even start orthodontic treatment.
- Most Insurances Accepted –If you have insurance, our orthodontic team members are always available to help you with insurance claims and paperwork. We will verify your insurance to help you get an accurate estimate; we’ll file claims; and if you are looking at changing your insurance, we can advise on the best questions to ask to help you get the best coverage.
- Health Savings Accounts and Flex Spending Accounts Accepted –These accounts are set up through your place of employment and allow you to take pre-tax dollars to set aside and use for medical expenses. We have flexible terms, so we can work with your HSA or FSA to make your payment plan as convenient as possible.
Paying for braces may be a concern, but you shouldn’t let it discourage you. The payment options are there to help you so that you can help your child. When you or your child get braces or other necessary orthodontic treatments, they comes with a host of benefits that you may not even realize.
By choosing to get your braces at Caggiano Orthodontics, you may find that the rate is slightly higher. That’s because Dr. Caggiano is an orthodontic specialist in the area of straightening teeth (read What is an Orthodontist? section), and he will minimize the amount of time spent in treatment. He will also help you to avoid the need for additional treatments later in life. As an orthodontic specialist, all Dr. Caggiano does is straighten teeth, so he gets the job done right the first time, saving you time and money in the long run!
Download Your Free Report “Three Flex Spending Tips You Should Know” Now!
Does My Insurance Cover Braces?
These days there are many different types of insurance plans, and they are changing every day! The benefits vary for each insurance plan, and we know from experience that most insurance policies cover only some of your orthodontic expenses. Some insurance plans may cover general dentistry but have no benefits at all for orthodontics (as shocking as that sounds, it happens frequently).
I realize that answer sounds very vague, but here are a couple of things you need to know before an insurance agent can help you determine if you are covered:
- The type of procedure (braces, Invisalign, etc.);
- The duration of the procedure (two months, six months, a year, etc.);
- Whether or not the insurance plan has a medical necessity clause;
- Whether the policy pays for in and out-of-network dentists and whether the plan pays them differently.
Talking to your insurance agent will help you get the right answers you need.
TIP: Keep an insurance journal of every interaction with your carrier. Write down the date, time of call, name of the person you contacted, and the exact instructions or recommendations following the call. Later, if your insurance company doesn’t remember what they told you, you’ll have it accurately written down. If they still don’t remember, ask them to pull the recorded audio tape from your previous call, so that you can accurately “remind” them of exactly what they told you.
We realize you are busy and that your time is important to you. As a courtesy, we will contact the insurance company to verify your orthodontic benefits prior to your first visit. We’ll use the details from your insurance company to provide you with a more accurate estimate for the cost of treatment. We will even submit all the paperwork for you!
Neglecting the Benefits of Braces: The Hidden Costs to Your Life
In the pursuit of that confident smile, the decision to forego braces might seem like a cost-saving measure. However, the true expense of not getting braces extends beyond mere finances, affecting various aspects of your life.
Health Consequences: Crooked or misaligned teeth can lead to oral health complications. Difficulty in cleaning hard-to-reach areas might result in cavities, gum disease, and even tooth loss. The cost of treating these conditions far exceeds that of orthodontic intervention.
Self-Esteem and Confidence: The aesthetic impact of misaligned teeth can have profound psychological effects. Low self-esteem, social anxiety, and reluctance to smile in public can hinder your personal and professional interactions, ultimately affecting your quality of life.
Professional Opportunities: Your smile often forms a significant part of your first impression. In both personal and professional settings, an unconfident smile might hinder your ability to build connections, excel in interviews, or command authority.
Speech and Pronunciation: Misaligned teeth can lead to speech impediments. Mumbling, lisping, or difficulty in articulating certain sounds can impact your effective communication, potentially limiting your participation in various activities.
Digestive Issues: Chewing is the first step in the digestion process. Misaligned teeth might prevent proper chewing, leading to digestive problems and inefficient nutrient absorption.
Long-term Costs: While the upfront cost of braces may appear daunting, the long-term expenses resulting from dental complications can far surpass this initial investment. Dental procedures, surgeries, and treatments to rectify issues stemming from untreated misalignment can accumulate significant financial burden.
Investing in Your Future
Opting for braces is not merely an expenditure; it’s an investment in your oral health, emotional well-being, and future opportunities. The confidence that comes with a radiant smile is invaluable, translating to enhanced social interactions and personal satisfaction.
Deciding to get or to forgo braces involves more than just monetary considerations. The true cost encompasses physical health, emotional confidence, and long-term financial implications. Prioritizing your oral health now through orthodontic treatment can save you from a multitude of challenges and regrets in the years to come.
At Caggiano Orthodontics, we offer a variety of braces and orthodontics for straight teeth in our Parsippany orthodontics office. During your Caggiano Smile Assessment, we will determine which treatment option is best for you. Click on the icon below to learn more about popular types of braces